Region: Bedfordshire Association Church Bell Ringers

Bedfordshire Association Church Bell Ringers

The Bedfordshire Association Church Bell Ringers was established on 13th March 1882 & has two patrons: Bishop of St. Albans & Bishop of Bedford.

The Association includes over 90 towers in Bedfordshire and has around 400 members. The 3 Districts within the Association cover different parts of the county: Bedford in the north, Biggleswade in the east and Luton in the south. It covers the geographical county of Bedfordshire but due to boundary alterations includes the parish of Eaton Socon.

If you’re interested in learning to ring, please contact us at .

St Peter Mancroft (Norwich) have launched an appeal to bring a Ringing Training and Heritage Centre to East Anglia which will be of benefit to all local ringers. For more information please see: www.mancroftappeal300.co.uk/wp.

Bedford District – Based on Bedford and covering the north of Bedfordshire. Consists of 38 towers, including a 12 at St. Paul, Bedford and a 10 at All Saints, Kempston.

Biggleswade District – Based on Biggleswade and covers the east side of Bedfordshire. Includes Eaton Socon, which is officially in Cambridgeshire. Made up of 26 towers, 7 of which are eights.

Luton District – Based on Luton in the south of Bedfordshire, the district covers the south of the county. There are now 31 towers in all (following the inclusion of Linslade from 1st February 2008), with 12-bell towers at Luton and Leighton Buzzard.

University of Bedfordshire

St Mary, Luton (12 bells, 25-0-24) – www.stmarysluton.org
St Paul, Bedford (12 bells, 28-3-6) – Practice night: Mondays 19:30-21:15 – Contact:

Cranfield University

SS Peter & Paul, Cranfield (6 bells, 17-1-14), Sundays from 9:45, practice night: Thursday
S Firmin, North Crawley (6 bells, 12-1-5) – Oxford Diocesan Guild