- Website: www.stjohnsnews.co.uk/Bells.html
- Email: , 07821 922725 (Tower Captain)
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/6462678262
- Tower: St John’s Church, Keele (6 bells, 8-0-2)
- Website: keeleparish.org/societies/bell-ringing-in-keele
Ringers coming to Keele will be made very welcome by the band at St John’s Church, Keele, several of whom are current or past members of the University. Sun 10:30-11:15 & Wed 19:00-20:30, with a learners’ practice Tues 19:00. : 01782 750038.
The 130ft high spire contains six bells with a tenor weighing 8cwt. One (late 15th early 16th century) is inscribed in Latin “St John the Baptist, Pray for Us”. Three others date from the early 17th century, including a bell dated 1647, inscribed “God Save the King RS”. This was a brave act of loyalty by a Sneyd to a King who was soon to be beheaded.