Region: Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers
There are 15 branches in the Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers – see below:
- Website: odg.org.uk/index.php
…for ringing in Oxford (city), please see the: Oxford University Society of Change Ringers.
|East Berks & South Bucks||http://odg.org.uk/ebsb|
|Old North Berks||http://onb.odg.org.uk/live/towers.html|
|Vale of the White Horse||http://www.vowh.org.uk/towers.aspx|
|Witney & Woodstock||http://www.witneyandwoodstock.odg.org.uk/wwTowers1.html|
- Website: North Bucks Branch
Welcome to the North Bucks Branch of the Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers.
The North Bucks Branch covers 59 towers with 3 to 10 bells in the area of the diocese that stretches from Westbury in the west to Lavendon and Great Brickhill in the east; 16 of these towers have bells that are presently unringable. The branch was founded in 1904 and currently has 230 members. It works to both encourage and improve bell ringing within the branch through learning and facilitating a sense of community.
- Website: East Berks and South Bucks Branch
- Tower: All Saints, High Wycombe (12 bells, 26-3-15)
- Website: http://www.allsaintshighwycombe.org/bellringers.html
- Email: Mrs Patricia Newton – 01844 352926,
All Saints, High Wycombe is in the East Berks and South Bucks Branch of the Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers.
The tower contains 14 bells (12 plus flat 6th and extra treble) which were cast by Whitechapel in 2012 and installed by Whites of Appleton. We have a very active and competent band of bell ringers capable of ringing to a high standard. A warm welcome awaits any visiting ringer.
The normal ringing times are:
- Sunday mornings – 9am to 9.45am
- Sunday evenings – 5.45pm to 6.30pm (2nd and 4th Sundays only)
- Monday evenings – practice between 7.30pm and 9.15pm
For more information, please contact Mrs Patricia Newton on 01844 352926 or by .