Scottish Association Change Ringers
All Scottish Association Change Ringers towers welcome visitors at their practice nights and service ringing (although it is always worthwhile to check in advance).
- Web: Scottish Association: www.sacr.co.uk
- Web: University Edinburgh Guild Change Ringers
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/scottishbellringing
- Web: St Salvators Society of Bell Ringers, at the University of St Andrews in Scotland
- Website: St Machar: www.stmachar.com/Bellringer.htm
- Tower: Cathedral Church of St Machar, Aberdeen
Ringers at Aberdeen and Robert Gordon Universities are most welcome to join the St Machar, Old Aberdeen practice on Monday evenings (19:30-21:30)
- Email: – Peter Valuks
- Website: www.dundee.sacr.org – all ringing times listed
- Tower: Old Steeple (8 bells, 19-2-10) Sundays: 1st & 3rd (9:30-10:30)
- Tower: Cathedral Church of St. Paul (8 bells, 21-0-0) Sundays: 2nd & 4th (9:30-10:30)
We welcome students to our two towers whether as existing ringers or those wishing to learn!
Old Steeple: Please note that the outside door is locked shortly after 7:30pm. There is a bell on a ledge above and to the left of the left-hand door.
- Tower: Cathedral Church of St Mary the Virgin, Glasgow (10 bells, 32-1-6)
Practice night Tuesday, 19:30-21:00. Sundays: 17:30-18:30 (usually a quarter peal on 2nd Sunday of the month in place of service ringing).
- Tower: St John the Evangelist, Dumfries (8 bells, 10-3-18)
Practice night Thursday, 19.00-21.00. Sundays: 10:15-10:50. We are easy to find being located in the town centre and would welcome student ringers.
- Tower: Cathedral Church of St Andrew, Inverness (10 bells, 16-3-12)
Inverness Cathedral – the most Northerly church tower with bells hung for change ringing in the WORLD – has 10 bells and a fairly active band of ringers. Sunday service is 10:15-10:55 (& they occasionally ring in the evening). Practices are Thursdays 19:30–21:00. Experienced ringers or those wishing to learn are most welcome.
For more details contact (Mike Neale – tower Captain)
- Tower: Church of the Holy Rude, Stirling (6 bells, 6-3-25)
Practice night Friday, 19:30-21:00 (call to confirm). Sundays: 10:30-11:30 3rd Sunday (Jan-June).